International game studio "Eschatology Entertainment" is inviting a Lead Level Designer to collaborate on creating a first-person shooter for PC/Consoles, without F2P mechanics. Our team is made up of strong professionals who have developed and released world-famous games.
We can provide an opportunity to develop and grow in different directions. We have more than 50 specialists, not counting outsource and outstaff.
We are looking for new colleagues to join our team.
What are you working on?
- At what stage of the project(s)? Production
- Genres: Shooter, Souls-like
- Platforms: PC, Console
Team size and structure?
For which tasks (responsibilities)?
• Establishing best level design practices and framework in UE5 alongside our cross-discipline team
• Writing and updating the LD bible
• Being a point person for level design with other cross-discipline team members to make sure levels are created to contribute to enhancing the gameplay and game narrative, and are aligned with the art vision and technical requirements
• Identifying iterative improvements and changes to level design processes and pipelines
• Advocating for player experience
• Guiding the team in crafting unique levels where gameplay flow and visual composition form memorable experiences
• Managing the level designers regarding the priority of their tasks and their deliverables; providing critical feedback on their performance to help them succeed in their craft and career growth
• Partnering with the recruitment team to identify key hires, taking an active role in building the core team
• Collaborating on creation and constant improvement of whole project pipelines and processes
• Managing cross-discipline communication and collaboration as it pertains to levels: working closely with engineers, artists, sound designers, and production in managing the prioritization, implementation, and scope of the game’s environments
What kind of professional are we looking for?
• Experience with hand-crafted level design in a 3D AAA - AA video games
• Experience managing and leading a group of designers
• Creating varied, memorable levels
• Experience with game editors. Unreal Editor is a plus
• Excellent understanding of level design fundamentals and the role of level design in the overall player experience
• Some general knowledge or interest in history, architecture or civil engineering is a plus
• Ability to create map layouts at all stages – from simple sketches to fully functional levels in an existing game engine
• Strong analytical and creative thinking abilities
• Outstanding verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
• Strong experience in creating outstanding battle encounters
• Knowledge of various support tools such as Miro, Jira and Confluence
• A proven problem solver with an analytical mind and critical thinking, able to collaborate within a team-oriented environment
• Good communication skills in English
What are the conditions and bonuses?
• Work format: remote (from home)
• Trial period: 3 months
• Type of employment: 40-hour work week
• Flexible schedule with mandatory attendance hours from 12:00 to 16:00 (Cyprus)
• Medical insurance
• 24 working days paid vacation
• Corporate holidays:
• 3 paid day-offs per quarter (replacing public holidays as our employees work from different countries)
• Sick days upon request to the team lead
• Corporate events and meetings with our amazing team
Similar job opportunities
Crooto Software Ltd.